Like Us & Get News
Follow Us & Stay Tuned
Connect with IAEM
NOTE: IAEM member privacy is an IAEM priority. Members may use the IAEM Directory to access regional officer phone numbers and addresses. Search now.
IAEM-USA Region 8 President
Jim Buchanan, MPA, CEM, UCEM
Salt Lake Community Colleges’ Homeland Security and Emergency Management Program
Brigham City, Utah
Region 8 web page
IAEM-USA Region 8 Vice President
William “Wes” Sumner, Ph.D., CEM
Deputy Program Manager, Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Response Enterprise,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Region 8 includes: Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
Region 8 Bylaws (approved 23 May 2007)
Candidates must submit their credentials by 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, on Friday, Dec. 21, 2018, to Karen Thompson, IAEM elections facilitator, at Thompson@iaem.com. Please refer to the Region 8 Bylaws to learn about the role and responsibilities of each officer position.
Region 8 Officer Candidate Eligibility
To be elected or appointed to an office, a member shall meet the following requirements:
• Have been an Individual IAEM-USA member for a minimum of three consecutive years prior to seeking office.
• In order to be placed on the ballot for election to office, the person must meet the qualifications as established in the IAEM-USA Administrative Policies & Procedures.
• A member cannot hold and cannot run for more than one office at a time.
Submit Regional Officer Credentials
To be placed on the ballot, candidates must submit all of the following to Thompson@iaem.com by 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, Friday, Dec. 21, 2018.
• A candidate statement in Word or text format: A candidate statement should tell the regional members why you are qualified to be an officer (related experience whether work or non-work related) and what you hope to accomplish during your term of office if elected.
• A photo provided as an image attachment to the candidate’s nomination email (in an image format, such as jpg, png, tif).
The online voting period has been scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 27, 2018, 9:00 a.m. Eastern time through Monday, Jan. 7, 2019, 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. You must be an Individual, Affiliate, or Lifetime member to vote in this election.
For information on state emergency management associations in the Region 8 area, please visit their websites: