The International Association of Emergency Managers (herein IAEM) is offering in-person attendance at its events pursuant to local government orders and public health guidance on such gatherings. IAEM is committed to hosting a safe event for all participants and to this end, requires all attendees to comply with safety precautions specified by the event site properties in addition to other CDC guidelines and recommendations.
Participants at IAEM events must sign the following COVID-19/Communicable Disease Waiver prior to attendance.
By acknowledging these protocols and waiver of liability, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. Communicable Disease. I am aware of the existence of communicable disease including COVID-19, and that my participation in an in-person meeting may cause injury, illness or death to myself and/or my family.
2. Symptoms. I will not attend in-person if I have experienced symptoms such as: fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19 or other communicable disease within 72 hours prior to my scheduled arrival.
3. Isolation/Quarantine. I will not attend if I must isolate or quarantine because I may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or other communicable disease, or if I am awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or I have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
4. COVID-19 Exposure. I will not attend if I have been in close physical contact (six feet or closer for at least 15 minutes cumulatively over a 24-hour period) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or with anyone who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
5. Behavior. While at the event, I will take follow all health and safety protocols as required by the facility and IAEM. These precautions may include, but are not limited to, engaging in appropriate social distancing, wearing a mask in public areas and meeting spaces (if required), minimizing face touching, frequently washing my hands and avoiding high-risk environments such as overcrowded bars or restaurants.
6. Masks. If required, I will wear an appropriate mask, as recommended by the CDC and local public health departments, at all times, unless otherwise permitted. My mask will cover my nose and mouth and can be described as an N95, KN95, surgical or multi-layered mask. If requested by IAEM staff, I will wear a mask provided by the conference organizers.
7. Daily Health Checks. I will complete any daily health screenings that are mandated by the meeting organizers and submit the results to the designated authority. I understand that compliance with these checks may be required to access meeting rooms and events.
8. On-site illness. Once I am onsite at the event, I agree not to attend the meeting if I am experiencing symptoms such as: fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19. I agree to promptly report a positive COVID-19 test to the designated authority.
9. Expenses. I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for all costs related to COVID-19 and other communicable disease virus prevention and mitigation, including testing, medical care, extended hotel stays, changes in travel arrangements, and any other expenses.
10. Waiver of Liability. I agree to sign and uphold the Waiver of Liability provided to me during registration.